Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

New Year, New Me!

My brother absolutely despises this phrase, "New Year, New Me". He gets so irritated by all of the people proclaiming their New Year's resolutions from the rooftops on the first of January each year, only to fall back into their lazy regular routines shortly after. Now that it's almost the end of January, I feel like I'll be able to avoid his wrath in uttering these words. I've made a resolution this year, and so far, I'm sticking with it! It's a New Year, and I'm going to be a brand new me! I've decided that I'm going to do a mile per day. That mile may be walking, or running, or a mix of both on the treadmill, biking, rowing, or any combination thereof...but I'm doing it! I have a wicked cold right now (thanks again, husband!!!), but I'm still getting on the machine every day. I got some vinyl calendar decals from my aunt for Christmas. 12 little owl stickers, and I've nearly filled one of them already. I've never been a runner. I wrecked both of my knees skiing when I was in my teens, and have to be careful not to overdo it, so I'm taking it slow! I set the treadmill to run on intervals, and it gradually takes me through my mile each day. I'm getting faster. I'm getting stronger. I'm feeling better. I have more energy. I'm doing it for me...a brand new me!

No comments:

Post a Comment